Guided Naturalist Trips14295 Canadian Border Road Ely, MN 55731 (218)-365-6010
If you have an itch to see some beautiful and wild country, then this is the trip to reserve. Both early and late season offer great sightseeing and potential wildlife viewing. Ideal times to reserve a Guided Naturalist Day Trip are during the spring and again late in the season during autumn, when the forest is a riot of reds, yellows and oranges.
If you are a bird watcher, spring and autumn are both excellent times view migration activity. The Quetico Superior Wilderness is a haven for migrating songbirds. Large game animals, such as deer, bear, and moose are also easily seen due to the lack of thick foliage. Many times on autumn trout trips guests have been entertained by sights of moose making their way along the shorelines and uttering their drawn out mournful grunts searching for a mate.
Rates for Guided Naturalist Day Trips are as follows:
- $375.00 per day (group of three)
- $19.99 each for additional person (maximum group of 8)
- 5% discount on lodging at A Stay Inn Ely and Jasper Lofts
- 5% discount on tow boat services
- Optional picnic lunch $7.50 per person
- Optional cook-out lunch $12.50 per person